Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep!

I am off for the next 5 days!! Very excited about that! We spent the majority of the day doing prep work for tomorrow, it was originally going to be just us and Mikael's family and then yesterday we found out the Derichsweilers were going to join us as well. Bringing our head count up to 14 people. I don't know if i've ever cooked a full meal with so many people. But considering we always have too much food, I wasn't too worried, plus everyone was bringing their own contributions as well.

Here's the menu so far:

Veggie/Fruit Tray
Cheddar Cheese Puffs
Olive/Pickle plate


Turkey ( I do a 24hr brine )
Gravy
Creamy mashed potatoes
Sweet Potato Souffle
Sweet Corn
Italian Stuffing
Regular Stuffing
Rolls
Cranberry Pineapple Sauce

Assorted Pies - Nana is in charge of pies, so I'm not sure what's she going to bring.

I'm super excited to be hosting. besides giving me a great excuse to cook a ton of food, I also love to have a house full of family. It's just a good feeling.

BRING IT ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment