Well it's that time of year again! Nov 1 starts day one of blogging for the whole month, I've been doing this tradition for about 4 years now. I'm horrible every other month about blogging regularly, but come November, I commit to blogging everyday. So get your fill while you can after Nov, I can't make any promises :) LOL.
Yesterday was Halloween, one of our favorite holidays, and we had a great time. This year we grew our own pumpkins, I started in early May with a couple seeds in a bag of dirt and it grew like crazy! By begining of June it was taking over my kitchen, and I couldn't wait to plant it outside. Once we finally got the chance, the pumpkin went into shock and there was a few weeks where we though we were going to lose it all together. Then all of a sudden, it doubled in size almost over night, and it continued to go crazy all summer, bearing us 4 medium size pumpkins! I was hoping for super large ones, but I guess I bought the wrong seeds. So next year I will be aware and get the extra large kind :). But Maile loved the whole process and we checked on them daily to see if there were any new ones growing, and when they started turning orange. It was a fun experiance, and nice to say we grew them ourselves. Not too shabby!
This is how we carved them, the far left is Mikael's, and then he carved one for Maile, getting super fancy and using his drummel tools ( I hope I spelled that right). Then the last two are all Maile's designs. I helped carve, but she drew the faces on them both. Very impressed!

We went over to the Derichsweiler's house, here's a link to their blog http://derichsweilerfamily.blogspot.com/, and went trick or treating with their two little ones.
We were trying to take their pictures all together and it was almost impossible they were too excited. But I did manage this one.. I told them to give me their best Halloween pose. Awesome!
Then their was your typical trick or treating, they were moving so fast from house to house we could barely keep up! Cooper was the most determined, and was always the first to each door and the first to get the candy (towards the end he started just helping himself to everyone's candy dishes!! LOL ) Charlotte and Maile stayed together, and would introduce each other to the neighbors. "Trick or treat.. this is my Maile" " This is my Charlotte". Very cute. In the end they all came home with quite the haul, and proceeded to take inventory.

After we left their house we made one more stop at our friends the Burrights, where they gave Maile like handfuls of candy.. Thanks guys! LOL. Then we proceeded home, where we again took inventory.. this time in a more strategic way. Look at that face!! We have so much candy in this house it's insane. I'm going to have to use some major will power not to consume it all!
We had such a good time, and it was so fun to see the kids have so much fun. I hope we can do this for years to come. The adults even got into the spirit and dressed up. Here is Mikael and I, Mikael was Maverick from Top Gun, he's missing his aviators which really make the outfit, but still quite handsome! Then I am a military pinup girl, slightly more dressed up since it was a bit chilly last night! I guess I look more like a throw back to the 1940's? Turned out cute though! I loved my hair.





No comments:
Post a Comment