Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 1

Well today starts the first day of the elimination diet that I'm trying. Most of you know that I have been struggling with constant stomach issues on and off for the last two years, and they seem to keep getting worse as time goes on. I've had some scopes done to rule out, ulcers, or physical stomach issues.. and they have all been negative. So now we are going to try this diet to figure out if it's an allergy or an intolerance of something.

It's called Clearvite , and it's a 21 day program, that includes a supplement shake that you err...enjoy... daily starting with just one a day and working up to three a day, then back down to one. Really the shake isn't that bad.. I had my first one this morning, chocolate, I mixed it with unsweetened Coconut Milk. (which is good too).
Week one, is a restricted diet, some fruits, some veggies, turkey, chicken, lamb, & fish, rice, and almonds.
Week two is the same only you take out your protein and up your shakes to three a day to supplement.
Week three you add the proteins back in and drop your shakes back down gradually.

After the 21 days, you start adding things back in one at a time, every other day, and track the effects. You watch for stomach aches of course, or headaches, joint pains, or body aches. If there is a reaction then you have an answer, if no reaction then you're safe.

Hopefully this will help me narrow down some specific triggers for me.

I also thought I'd blog the whole time, and keep a diary here, so that I can refer back, and maybe one of you can see things I might not be seeing.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment