Tuesday, November 9, 2010

SNOW!!!


Well it's finally here. It's taken it's dear sweet time, and I can't say that I've minded. But today Mother Nature decided that it had waited long enough, and began to dump snow on us. And not the sweet little light fluff, NO, it's the sleaty, heavy wet, big flakes that make for broken trees, and aching backs from shoveling the dang stuff.
I can't say I'm excited :(.
It's pretty and all, and I do love me some cute sweaters, and boots. But driving in this stuff absolutely drives me frickin bonkers. And it NEVER fails, I always have to drive in the stuff... always.. It more than doubles my commute, and makes for one ANGRY woman. I just don't understand, why people can't drive in this stuff without freaking out, I can understand when it's a blizzard and the roads are covered and dangerous.. but when it's has just started snowing and the roads are really just wet.. there is NO reason you need to go 2 on the highway. WHAT!!!
Ok I'm done venting.. thanks for listening.
Anyway so today was my last full day at work, I'm going in tomorrow til noon, but just really to wrap up some little things, and clean out my office. So a lot of my goodbye's I said today, as well as my farewell lunch. I was a little emotional but got through ok.. the jewelers.. being the sweet people they are both made me a going away present.. THEY MADE ME SOMETHING. Crazy. Mo, he's our silver smith.. made me a gorgeous silver cuff, hand etched.. and our gold jewelers, made me some beautiful little hammered dangled earrings. Totally made me all weepy and everything. The girls took me out for lunch.. we had Thai.. YUM! It was kinda sad that'll be the last time we'll do that atleast during work hours. Hopefully we'll still keep in contact and maybe get together after work sometimes. I'm going to miss them all, but i really know I'm doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment