Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday

I actually went shopping on Black Friday! I wasn't one of the crazy ones (Mom) that ventured out in the middle of the night, but after a relaxin morning at home we slowly made it out of the house around 10. That was the plan actually, Mikael and I don't have a lot of time together, and xmas is going to come way too soon, so since we were both off we decided to take care of a bit of xmas shopping regardless of it being black friday! Walgreens was our first stop, there was a certain toy for a certain nephew that was a great deal. It was completely DEAD in there, I think I saw like two other customers besides us. It was actually an enjoyable experiance, and we got what we needed and were in and out in like 10 min flat!
We needed to do some light grocery shopping as well, so that was our next stop, and I'm telling you, the day after Thanksgiving is the best time to do your grocery shopping, it was completely dead in there too. We even let Maile ride in the car carts which we never do because they are so hard to maneuver in the aisle because of everyone else. She was very excited!

After that we stopped by our friends the Derichsweilers, for a quickly Thanksgiving Leftover Lunch. We were suppose to stop by on Thursday for some pie, but didn't end up making it. But I think this worked out better. Plus we got to enjoy Salina's awesome meal, she out did herself it was delicious, even the day after! We contributed a pumpkin pie, and stuffed ourselves once again! They were starting potty training that day too and so the kids were running around pantless... it was kinda cute but I have to say I'm so glad we are done with that phase. I hope it goes quickly for them!

Then off we went again and made trips to Target, Home Depot and Ulta, then headed home. We were pretty darn productive, and managed to cross quite a few items off our list. And truthfully the only store that was crazy was Home Depot if you can imagine that. Plus they had a ton of things in the middle of the aisles which is such a pet peeve of ours.. it makes it so hard to get around with a cart.. rawrrrr!!

I think Maile and I will head out again today for some stuff for Daddy, and to find me a dress for our xmas party for work. Hopefully will have the same sort of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment