Friday, April 9, 2010

Las Vegas and Other Matters.

Las Vegas, was our second stop on the road trip, not for fun, games, and gambling, just because it was a big city and about 7 hrs from our last stop. We got into town around 6 again, and stopped at the Four Kegs restaurant which was featured on one of my favorite shows, Diners, Drive-in's and Dives. They are known for their stromboli, when we got there it was very apparant that this was a DIVE! It was seriously a hole in the wall little place. We ordered nachos as an appetizer, since we were straving, and they seriously brought out, bagged tortilla chips, a melted styrafoam bowl of canned nacho cheese and a bowl of jalopeno. We were a little worried at this point. But the stromboli's came out a little later, and they were fantastic. As promised and as we were leaving we notice there were a bunch of cops in the next booth over, and you know it's good when the cops hang out there. So if your ever in the neighborhood I do recommend the Stromboli, but not the Nachos :).

We then headed over to our hotel, we got a fantastic deal at the Hilton suites which was off the strip by the airport, and it was bloody fantastic. I could have stayed a week there, it was a SWEET SUITE! The bed was so comfy and they gave you so many pillows you didn't know what to do with them all. I LOVE THAT! We also could put Maile to bed, and enjoy some together time as well. I highly recommend this hotel!!

Anyway so after we checked in, we decided to show Maile a couple of the sights we though she'd get a kick out of the lights and the Bellagio fountain. We also stopped by NY NY and showed her the cool statues. She loved the fountain, we stayed for three songs, and her favorite by far was Viva Las Vegas by Elvis Preseley, she was getting down and grooving for that one. We got it on video, we just have to upload before I can post it. She was so tired by the end of the night though, she feel asleep on the way to the hotel, and we put her straight to bed. She didn't budge and inch. Mikael and I enjoyed a movie and some popcorn.. compliments of the hotel! HECK YES.

A quick trip, but it was long enough for me. :)


Bellagio Gardens.. it was awesome, a slight Alice in Wonderland feel.


Feed me Seymour!



Beautiful Bellagio Fountain, my absolute favorite! (althought was a little bored with song selection, they've been done so many times.. get something new)





Pillow Kingdom.. as Tara refers to it!
Procedures yesterday went well. The prep wasn't totally as bad as I thought it was going to be, thankfully. Although I don't want to do it again anytime soon. Then the day of, everything went smooth, the nurses were great, and my doctor preformed both the scopes, she unfortunatley didn't find anything to answer any of my questions. But the good thing about that is it's not a disease I have to live with the rest of my life. After seeing how my stomach looks from my gastric bypass, she thinks it could be related to some sort of blockage when I eat too much roughage (salad, celery, popcorn, nuts) , or my intestines getting twisted in someway. The only way to confirm that is to wait until I have a flair up and go in for a CT scan. So now I just keep paying attention to my diet, and noticing any weird happenings, and wait for another flair up :(. we'll get to the bottom of this eventually but just not this week. She did biopsy both upper and lower intestine, and we'll see if anything shows up on those tests, but I doubt it will.
Next leg is LA and my BFF Tara and boyfriend Daniel :) With a Cameo by Percy!

No comments:

Post a Comment