Tuesday, April 20, 2010

LA.. Finally

So I'd just like to reiterate that I take WAY too many pictures.. I leave it at that, and let you figure out why it took me so long to post this section. HA HA.

We finally made it to Tara's around 2ish, and we immediatley went to this gorgeous park right in her neighberhood, which is called Hollywood Park for obvious reasons.

It had a cute little playground, which was perfect for a little Maile since she''s been cooped up in the car for three days.

It had some great views too from the very top of the hill.



Then we went back to Tara's house to start dinner, it was so nice to enjoy the out doors again. Just leaving the patio door open and being free to come in and out as you please. We all had so much fun.
Especially Maile , she missed her Tara.
and being outdoors.

For dinner we went over to the neighbors house, Tara and Daniel were house sitting (for their boss) and they let us use their fantastic patio for dinner. It was a great setting, and their apartment has some amazing history. John Lennon once lived there, as well as Sarah Jessica Parker, and Robert Downey Jr. when they were together. So cool. The veiw was amazing from the patio, as well as the food.
What should you look at food, the view, or the food.. hmmm so hard to decide.
They made us Argentinian Sausage, with a chimichurri sauce, potatos, salad, and crusty bread.. DELICIOUS!
My Tara

Maile and Tara got some cuddle time.
Daniel, what a sweet guy


We went to the Tar pits, which were a little overhyped in my opinion, I was expecting so much more, but didn't get much at all. There were some great flowers in the atrium though
This is the lake out front, with some great statues reinacting a tarpit situation. It was so creepy the elephant stuck in the lake, was actually moving. weird.. not sure why though..
This was a little stream coming out of one of the areas they are digging at.. cross huh.. so much tar seeping into everything.
Some more foliage

Our super cool hosts.. I love this picture!
We also visited the famous Griffith Park, which was amazing, it was gigantic.. so much to do and see there.. we didn't even scratch the surface. We rode the cute kids train, which was super busy, but a little overhyped as well. You'd think with that many kids riding everyday they could atleast up keep the place a little better. The first half of the track was fine, but the back half was complete disaster.. from 1982.. nothing's been replaced. Creepy statues of cowboy's and crazy cats... weird. It would be a great place for a horror film though.
Maile didn't seem to mind though.. look at that face. Makes me melt.

We also tried out the Carousel, Maile could not get enough, I think she rode three times, and then cried because we didn't go any more. I think she could have ridden all day if we let her.
They also have this old abandoned zoo, which is still intact.. cages, dens, weird back stairways. Good horror place as well :). But it was so fun to explore!






Then after that, we went downtown to the 5 cent diner, it was featured on Diner's Drive-in's and dives and I totally wanted to check it out for my birthday lunch! It was fantastic, and I loved the atmosphere. Maile was a little sick of sight-seeing so she was a little onry while we were there but all in all it was great. I even got to try the Maple Bacon Donut.. their specility.
An old hotel on the same street as the diner, I thought it was cool
Window art. Maple Bacon Donut.. I personally liked it, it was salty and sweet.. crunch and soft, which I love. Some people didn't enjoy as much as me. :)
More outdoor play.. we visit IKEA, which by the way I'm in love with! Maile found this cute hook which is a animal booty of some sort and the tail is a hook. She thought these were the best toy ever. Tara just so happen to have the same one in pink so they had a play session with their matching booty hooks. PERCY!!!!


For dinner we went down to Sunset Blvd and stopped by the Guitar Center, they have this walk of fame with hands and feet of bands. Def Leppard is one of them so Mikael wanted to take a gander of it.


Then we went next door to the Sunset Grill (yes the one sung about in Don Henley's song) it a little strange environment but company was great!

So that is our LA leg in a nut shell, I seriously have so many more picture's but I'd be here all night if I wanted to show them all. So I picked my favorites :). Thanks so much to Tara and Daniel for being such great hosts. We had so much fun, and enjoyed ourselves immensly! Next up the Derichsweiler visit/ Huntington Beach. Plus I took pictures of the Walpole Twins.. .so cute. I'll post those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment