Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Derichsweiler Vist Part I ( For You Mom)

OK OK OK I know this is LONG overdue, no excuses, i've been neglecting the blog. However, I have been trying to upload this post for like a week and have had technical difficulites so this was suppose to be a little earlier than it actually is. Also my mom emailed me this morning, and said she couldn't take it any more, she needed another update with pictures stat! HA HA so here you go Mom, I hope you enjoy.


So we after a nice visit with Daniel and Tara in LA we drove about 42 min to Huntington Beach to visit our friends the Derichsweilers. When we arrived we thought the park would be perfect for the kids to get reaquainted and for the adults to chill a bit. Maile was thrilled, since she's been in the car again. They had a blast playing with one another.


I love Maile's face in this picture, she looks like she's racing.

Charlotte, she LOVED the swings.


And to RUN!

Maile enjoyed that also.



Some weird flower at the park, so cool.

The kids played some pretend I'm not sure what Maile was serving them but they seem to like it.

The boys chillaxin'.. they call themselves the "bad boys".. They sure look bad, don't they. HA HA

Seems this was the thing to do.... Hey where are the kids?

Oh yeah they were sliding,

And sliding

And Sliding

And more Sliding!

Then it was time to go, everyone was getting a litte tired, and hungry. We walked back to thier house, and the kids played out on the patio while the boys made us dinner..yep I can totally see why they are the "bad boys". HEE HEE. But dinner sure was delicious!



This is a picture of all three of the kids last Aug '09 when they visited us in CO.

This is the kids this time around, so much bigger, and all graduated to the big chairs. I love how the girls look deep in conversation, and Cooper is just chowing down.

The cutest picture ever, Mikael was outside getting something out of the car, and the girls were watching, Maile put her blanket around Charlotte, and hugged her. SO cute, they were fast friends.

The next morning, we decided to explore another park, this one was a little farther away so we drove. Scouty came with us, silly little pup.



Maile and Christopher started to race, i think Maile is taking the lead. I love how they are in the same colors.
Oh and the others are close behind. Come on Mikael you can do it.

Again Mikael with the duck....

Maile climbing the rock wall, with some help, she has become such a climber these days.
She made it!!
Some more sliding

and some swinging Maile learned a new way to swing, which she loved.



All three in a little fire engine.

Later that afternoon, Cooper and Charlotte go to a gym class just up the street from their house. Maile was lucky enough to be able to join in! There was so much for them to do, the ball pit was probably the most popular.

Look at that girl jump.. NO FEAR! Crazy!
Look at that form... 10!
Lets try it together... didn't work out too well. They all were at different stages of knowing how to jump. I think there might have been tears. Whoops.
So lets do some balancing
And some circle time, Maile had a really hard time with this at first, she doesn't have a lot of structured play where she has to do something. But by the end she was having fun with it instead of fighting it. I'm excited for school to start, so she'll get more activities like this.

Then home for some lunch, another priceless picture of the girls. Simply Adorable.
Stay tuned for Part II, hopefully tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, how great are these?? I love them all! You still have so much more...the ducks, the beach, the museum!

    ReplyDelete