Friday, February 5, 2010

Aww Crap!

Well, bad news kids! The sickness is back :(. Started up again on Saturday very slowly, and is slowly progressing. Yesterday was the worse day yet, today seems to be a little better, and I've actually eaten today more than the last couple days. Which is promising, but we will see as time passes what my stomach decides to do. I've already called my tummy doc, and as you recall I didn't really like him all that much. So I request a new docter in the same office, here's how that went.

Nurse/Operator: Hello this is tummy docs office, how can I help you?
Me: Hi there, my name is Che and I'd like to make an appt.
N/O: Have you been seen here before?
Me: Yes, I was seen last April, by Dr. Nobedsidemanner. But I'd like to see someone else if that's possible.
N/O: Well we have a no switch policy. Once you've seen one doctor, we like you to continue seeing that doctor.
Me: I understand, but I didn't really feel comfortable with that doctor. I'd like to see someone else.
N/O: Well we'd have to fill out a switch form, and get that doctors approval.
Me: OK.
N/O: but we really don't like to switch patients to new doctors.
Me: (starting to get upset, so starting to get emotional, so cracky voice) I can go to a different office if that helps.
N/O: ( starting to feel bad for me) No, no, here I'll fill out the switch form, and just put that you'd prefer a female doctor.
Me: That would be great thanks.

OMG, can you believe it took a 5 min conversation just to request a different doctor, it was like pulling teeth seriously. So after she got the switch form approved.. four hours later.. we scheduled an appt with a new doctor, HOWEVER. It's not until Feb 24th.. yep folks that's what I said. THREE weeks from now. I've requested to be put on the cancellation list so I can get in sooner, which worked last time. So hopefully will have the same results this go around. I even requested that I just get the same prescription refilled so I can take care of it without coming in, but they didn't like that idea either. HMMM.. maybe it's not the doctor I didn't like maybe it's the whole entire office. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

On the upside of things.. I've lost 5 lbs! :) Just trying to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment