Anyway so they switched Jessica to merchandising, and she moved back to the studio, and she was replaced with another girl who use to do the job before she quit and got rehired again. Anyway so now she is relearning the position (which has greatly changed since she last worked here) Then I inherited some more hats. I'm now involved with distribution of product to the stores, so when new product comes in and gets bought into our system. I then transfer the items into our stores, bag and tag it. Nothing too crazy on this one, except for it's time consuming. Then they also want me to handle inventory, which is crazy, confusing, huge thing to take over. Jessica has been doing it for 5 years, and now they want to give it to me. She helped me through our first one last week, and she will continue to show me until I know what the hell I'm doing. So besides all this new stuff I'm learning, I still have to keep up with all my other jobs. I'm not succeeding in that department so well. I'm falling behind again, and feeling very overwhelmed. I don't see how they can keep giving me stuff to do, and not take anything off my plate. I need some room here guys! Jessica is helping me out though, and trying to convince the execs to take away wholesale and ecommerce from me which I will be GLAD to get rid of. I wanted to be more in production and it looks like that's where they are pushing me, but I can't do them all.
Some big news for our friends the Derichsweiler_Family, Salina got a job promotion offer, it will be great for her career! There is one catch though, they won't be staying in Cali for too much longer. The promotion will be for Qatar, which is a little place in the middle east. It's owned by the UK, and very westernized so it's pretty much like any major U.S. city in comparison. They will be living there for the next two to three years, starting in July. It's going to be a huge adjustment for them all, but they seem to be up to the challenge. We wish them all the best of course, but I am sad that they will be even farther away. Thank goodness for blogs :). There is a silver lining for us in this promotion as well, it seems that after she does her "tour" that they can pretty much move back to Denver and FINALLY be back home. We are very excited about that aspect too. I hope the transition goes smooth for them, and they enjoy this brand new adventure! Congratulations you guys.
Maile is doing amazing, she manages to surprise us every day with something she does, or something she says. The other morning I had just sat Maile at the table with some yogurt for breakfast, and I told her that I was going to go potty and for her to eat her yogurt and stay sitting. She says "ok Mommy! Mommy be careful don't fall in". HA HA HA HA, seriously so funny.
Speaking of potty, we are still potty training. it's been going good, except we are at a roadblock now. When Maile is completely naked, she can use the potty like a pro, she rarely has an accident. However as soon as you put panties on her or pull ups the switch turns off and she thinks she's wearing her diaper again, no matter how many times we seem to remind her. I'm not sure what to do now. I can't figure out how to get over this little hurdle. I'm assuming it's just going to take time, and there will be lots more accidents before there are successes, but it feels like a set back to us and I'm sure to her when she has an accident. We definately try to stay positive though, and not get upset when she does have accidents. We also try to talk about it while we clean up so that she knows what actually happened.
She's had some fun times this year already too, unfortunately I have failed in taking pictures of any of it.. HA HA HA. Besides the stock show, she got to visit Casa Bonita with her Daddy on his b-day. She's been before many times, but its always a little new and different each time we go. She experiances it in a whole new way. The next day we went to Chuck E Cheese for Justin's b-day, she was a wound up ball of energy the whole time. So much to do, so many things to see, and touch. OMG!! She had a great time though and even got a sucker and two bracelets with her tickets at the end. The sucker was her favorite, and gone in about two seconds ;)
Then the next day we had a playdate with my friend Michele and her little boy Isaiah who is just a little over one. They are starting to catch up in age, and it's awesome to have play dates! We went to this place called Monkey Bizness which is a kids playplace/ coffeehouse. It was actually pretty cool. Maile loved it and made friends with a little blonde boy while she was there, she kept holding his hand and dragging him along after her, and calling him her friend. She didn't stop talking the entire time to him. I think we are in trouble when she hits puberty.. EEECKK!! We will definately go back and hang out again! I really can't believe I didn't take my camera!
Any hoo, I have been taking pictures at home though. Here are some that I pulled out of my random stuff. Just some I liked!
This is just out our front window.. thought it was cute ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment