While I was making the brine, Mikael was helping me out by making the pumpkin pie. I got this one courtesy of Paula_Deen
Look it how handy he is with a hand mixer. He even seperated some eggs like a pro. I am so proud!
This is our bird.. let's call him Neil. Quite a strapping young fellow isn't he!
Katie seriously wanted a bite of Neil, luckily, her little hind legs wouldn't let her get much futher. This was right before we submerged Neil into the brine so it's the last will see of him for a little bit.
Turkey Day morning Mikael ran to the store EARLY (I'm talking 6:30 am people) for a paper, and some doughnuts for breakfast. We've never given Maile a doughnut before, she was quite taken with it.
.JPG)
Early Morning Sugar Coma Sets in!
Oh yeah.. the pumpkin pie turned out fantastic. Sorry pictures were a little out of order, I waited to take a picture of the pie until morning so i could use window light and not flash. It just looks better :) .
Hello Neil, we meet again, i hope you enjoyed your swim last night. You looking quite.. tasty this morning. He's all stuffed with Butter and lemon zest. MMMM....
This is all the side dishes, don't they look swell. Bottom Rack: Green Bean Casserole, Miles_Standish_Dressing, Top Rack: Traditionl Stuffing and Sweet Potato Souffle.
This is my helper Nicole, she prepared, part of the Miles Stadish Dressing (which is a stuffing with an italian twist) and the Green Bean Casserole. She also brought Frog Eyed Salad to the party, and two pies Pecan and Banana Cream. She was a good helper.
Nana helped entertain the kids by feeding them chocolate, a must at all holiday functions!
Then we started doing Calistenics, you know, trying to burn off the calories before we eat :). I discovered that Kids, and Nana's are far more flexible than Nicole and I.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Then it was time to eat.. Maile was asking "more candy" while Daddy was showing her Neil. She wasn't interested in Neil so much.
This is the chef, hard a work, I was actually so hot, i'm hardly every hot, but today I was cooking my booty off. Then I ate, and it came right back :) HA HA.
This is my other helper, she helped with entertainment with the kids, and brought, rolls, fruit tray, veggie tray, and chocolate whipped cream to the party. MMMM whipped cream !
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Let the carving begin.. Sorry Neil !
.JPG)
Mommeeee.. More Candy???? Again not a fan of Neil.
A LOT!!!.JPG)
This was Katie, through the entire meal, and yes I couldnt' resist, and she got a big piece of turkey!
Then it was time to eat.. Maile was asking "more candy" while Daddy was showing her Neil. She wasn't interested in Neil so much.
Let the carving begin.. Sorry Neil !
Mommeeee.. More Candy???? Again not a fan of Neil.
This was Katie, through the entire meal, and yes I couldnt' resist, and she got a big piece of turkey!
Spoiled Dog! Who can resist those big brown eyes though. AWWWWW.



No comments:
Post a Comment