Whew.. well I made it through Black Friday! I had to be at work by 7:30, and when I arrived there was already four people in line. We were giving away $200 dollar gift cards to the first 15 customers. The other girls arrived as well, and we scrambled to get the store together before 8am. John arrived a couple minutes before 8 with the gift cards, and a free tin of his art cards. The doors were open, and the flood gates were open. By then we had about 10 people at the door. They all recieved their cards and started the shopping, except here's where it gets tricky. The jewelry business is pretty one on one, so when you have 10 or more people in the store, and only 3 employees.. umm. A lot of people have to end up waiting to be helped. Plus we don't have the fastest POS (point of sales) computer, so usually end up hand writing reciepts then processing them later. Crazy i know. Anyway so ... just a second..........
Maile just called me to take her potty.. 1 down... 1 to go :)
Anyway so, pretty much all of them understood this, and were patient and waited and looked around, but one lady was extremely unpleasant. Maybe it was because she'd been up since 3 am and fighting the crowds, but come on. One, we just gave you $200 in free money basically, you can spend it on anything. You don't have to spend a certain amt. Second.. it's Black Friday, you should know by now, that your going to have to wait for things, there is going to be lines, and there is never enough sales persons in comparision to the amount of shoppers. So put on your big girl panties and deal with it! It was your choice to come out this early, to get our doorbuster so you have to accept the outcome of that choice. So other than that one lady, it was an ok morning, we were busy for about an hour and a half, and then we died until our normal business hours rolled around. Then we had spurts of busy, and spurts of empty. Ok by me, I managed to get some other things finished which was a good thing.
Then 3 o'clock rolled around, and I got to skeedaddle!! I came home to a naked baby girl, and a husband waiting by the door. He had to run to work today a little earlier than normal. So we high fived on the way in and out of the door and Maile and I had a girls night. We didn't do much played, listened to xmas songs I introduced her to " I want a hippopotomus for Christmas" which i think she quite enjoyed. Then we had some dinner, played some more, and watched the begining of Aladdin, which i have to say is one of my favorite Disney movies. :). Maile was slightly entertained but mainly she gave her babies a bath. Bed time went smoothly, three books, & three songs later. She's still playing around in there, but sleep is nearing I can feel it :)
Tomorrow we might just venture out to do some shopping.. DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAH! I know I'm brave, especially with a two yr old, but hey, I like some of these deals, and we need to save some cash any where we can this year. Wish us luck :)
9 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment