It's 9:30 and Maile is still wide awake, she is perfecting the art of delaying bedtime as long as possible, and potty training takes on a whole new meaning when bedtime rolls around. When we go upstairs for bedtime, we start with brushing our teeth, and then we sit on the potty and try. Then we get our diaper on and jammies on and hop into bed. We read stories and then turn off the lights and sing a couple songs. Then kisses and goodnights.
Well now, after we give kisses and goodnight and leave the room. She will wait 10 min then yell for us that she has to go potty. She has figured out quickly that we run up immediately to try and catch her before she goes in her diaper. As any potty training parent will do. So then Maile, while sitting on the potty, will carry on a very long conversation about pretty much anything she can think of. Then it's back to bed again, and another 10 min later the same thing happens. Then it's Mommy can I have some milky, pweaseeee! On and on and on, it's cute for the most part, but after a long day, and lots to do tonight, just go to sleep PWEASEEE!! ;)
She also has become facinated by her socks. Since we changed her room, she now has a nightstand, with drawers, and her socks, and tights are in that drawer. So tonight we put her orange pumpkin socks on her. When I went up the first time to go potty, she had one red sock on and one green and red xmas sock on. Then the last time we went up she had taken all of her sock out of the drawer and she was now wearing the blue snowman socks. Crazy kid.
Turkey day preperations have begun, I've started brining the turkey, and I'm very excited to see how it turns out. Then Mikael was helping me out and he made the pumpkin pie! It's cooking at the moment, but it looks perfect and delicious! I can't wait to try it! I'll give a full update tomorrow :)
9 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment