So sorry for the late post on this but, we’ve had a busy week. Plus some technical difficulties, I also managed to delete all the pictures from Halloween night. I am so mad I could just kick myself. I’m not even sure how I did it. So I have no pictures of Maile going trick or treating, or running up to the door, or our cool pumpkins, or Maile at the end of the night surrounded by all her candy. WAAAAA!!
Luckily, I did have pictures from earlier that day at the Trick or Treat Street at Southlands. We all dressed up, Maile was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.. Sparkly Red Shoes and all
Mikael was the Scarecrow
And I was Galinda the Good Witch of the North, I didn’t get a picture of me by myself , but here is one of all of us that turned out super good.
By the time we got there, it was a little late for trick or treating it only ran from 1-3 and we arrived around 2:30. But we did hit a couple stores, and Maile was absolutely thrilled to receive candy just for looking cute. She refused to say “trick or treat” while in front of the candy giver, but as soon as we’d leave she’d be more than willing to say it loud and clear. My shy little girl.
After the trick or treating, we wondered down to the square, and they had a bunch of things going on, games, bounce house, and a pumpkin carving contest. Some people had the cutest ideas. This one was my favorite:
What a great idea huh! The bear next to it was pretty cute too.
Then we took a little resty and enjoyed some of our earnings.
After we came home, we had a little something to eat, wait for Nana and Grandpa to come over, and then we headed out. I think we were probably the first trick or treaters out that night, but we didn’t want to keep her out too late, and plus we wanted to enjoy giving out candy too.
Again Maile was super shy at the door and wouldn’t say the magic words, but nobody seemed to mind, and seemed to give her more candy for being so shy. As soon as she got the candy though, she ran down the steps of each house back to nana and said “I got more candy!” and proceeded to show Nana and Grandpa the new pieces she had gotten. It was so cute! We only around the block or so, but she made out like a bandit. She got a couple pieces when we got home, and then she got to help pass out candy to the other trick or treaters, she had a good time doing that too, and gave them some of her candy from her basket as well. What a nice girl.
Overall it was such a great day and night. Maile was such fun to watch get all excited, and she looked so cute as Dorothy. My mom made the dress this summer, and we found the shoes at Target. Super easy and it couldn’t have come out better.
P.S. i downloaded Live writer, and so far so good.. except it does something weird with the font color. I’ll have to experiment with it.



No comments:
Post a Comment