It's funny how we adapt to life. You go from being two single people, to being a couple, then sharing a living space together, to marriage. Then you add kids into the mix. Every step of the way makes your life busier and busier. I really can't remember quite what I did with my time when I was single. I'm pretty sure, I had cuter hair, and prettier nails, and my socks matched most days, I hung out a lot more, and got to see a lot more movies but other wise nothing too important. Except I do remember getting a lot more time with my husband.
These days, I'm lucky if my hair gets done.. heck I'm lucky if it gets washed. My nails haven't been painted in hmm lets see.. 9mths and I've just given up on the socks and stopped wearing them all together. I don't remember how to "hang out" and I haven't been to the movie theater in months. I'm lucky to see my husband for a few hours every night and we jump at every chance we get at seeing one another.
Tonight we had a chance encounter at the gas station, we were both on our way home, me from work, late, and Mikael from picking up Maile at Nana's and Granpas. We both needed gas and ended up pumping fuel together. I know how romantic, but that's what happens when you never see each other. You take what you can get. While the car was fueling up, we had a mini family date in the truck. And let me tell you, I wouldn't change it for the world. I love our busy, crazy, chaotic life.
Although I would like a few more date nights :)
9 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment