Hello again, I am slowly returning to the land of the living. I've had a rough couple weeks.. well actually it's been about a month.. goodness that was a long month. So here's a short synopsis of what was going on. I got sick the afternoon of the April 17th.. it was a Friday. It got worse over the next two days, and by Sunday I was literaly unable to function normally. I was having horrible cramping in my abdomin, from stomach to intestines. With everything else that goes along with that, I am not going into details. I've had these symptoms twice before, once in Dec, and then again last January. This time was the worst of them all. I called in sick on Monday and went to the doctor, I explained to her my symptoms and my concern that this is happening quite frequently. Was I just having really bad luck or was it something else we should look into. She prescribed some Anti cramping medicine, and some Probiotics. Her theory was that when I was sick last January that I tried too many antibiotics that my body was wiped of my good biotics in my body. So when I get a bad biotic my body can't fight it normally. So I went home with the meds and the feeling I might be on the road to recovery. A day and a half later i wasn't any better. At this point I hadn't eaten in four days. I tried the occasional cracker, and a soup but it always makes the cramping worse so I steered clear of everything, and stuck to water, and what gatorade I could tolerate.. that stuff sucks. I called the doctor again, and she switched me to another anti cramping medicine, which I filled immediately and started that day. By the next afternoon, I wasn't feeling any better, so I went into the doctor again, I couldn't handle the pain any more, I needed help and I wasn't getting it. She was completly baffled at my symptoms.. so she took some samples to run some labs, and prescribed me Vicodin for the pain which I was so grateful for. Then scheduled me to see a GI specialist.. unfortunately there was no openings until the 5th of May which was still a week and half away. So I got on their cancelation list and thankfully they called on Monday to see me. The Vicodin took care of the pain, but I was still having the other issues, along with, I still wasn't eating. The specialist was... a specialist.. he seemed in a hurry, and he was really loud, and had really no bedside manner. he was pushing and poking on my stomach and asking me where it hurt, and by this time my lower half was EXTREMELY tender, and brought me to tears.. he didn't seem to notice or care one or the other, and swoped me out of the room, handed me a prescription for an antibiotic I guess a pretty strong one, and said if I'm not better in a week come back to see me. WHAT... that's it, that's what I payed $50 bucks for. I'm seriously in the wrong profession. Thankfully the medicine started to work over the week and by Wednesday I started eating small amounts of food.. it was so yummy. HA HA HA. So by Saturday (this is now May 2nd) I was feeling pretty normal, and I stopped taking the Vicodin and wasn't having any pain. I could still feel things weren't right but they were no longer preventing me from living so I was better. As of today, i still don't feel normal yet, tummy is still getting upset easily and frequently, but it's not cramping. So I'm not sure if it's completely gone yet and I should call the specialist back or should I hold out and see, maybe my body is just readjusting back to normal.
So this has been a hard month on everyone. Mikael was such a good husband and Daddy.. he did everything around the house. Took care of Maile, made meals, cleaned the house, did laundry, and tended to my every need. He was truly a blessing to have by my side. Maile took it hard too she didn't know why I couldn't play with her, or hold her very long, or why I wasn't putting her to bed at night, and why on earth was I taking so many naps. She started to miss me terribly, I missed her too, It's nice to be able to do all those things again.
So sorry for my lack of communication but you all understand.. and to reward you all I have some pictures :)
This is Maile truly being a girly girl, wearing Mommy's shoes and her superstar sunglasses she was feeling glam.



Maile is giving Donald duck a bath.. she loves to play in the water these days.. this summer should be fun. Plus she loves standing on her new desk chair and feeling like she can help and be apart of big people life. She helps me cook all the time.

.JPG)
.JPG)
My sister surprised me this past Friday and sent me flowers for Mother's Day.. what a nice sister.. they were beautiful, and smelled delicious. they came with chocolate too.. YUM!

Mother's day this year was good, and low key. Mikael was working so it was just Maile and me, we stayed in our Jammies most of the day and danced around. We wanted to plant flowers but it was rainy and dreary out. YUCK!
.JPG)
.JPG)
Then we went to Johnny Carinos for lunch, we had a little bit of a wait, but we had fun entertaining ourselves.. and others out front ;).
.JPG)
Maile was really good in the restaurant too, especially after having to wait, she was obsessed with the straw in the milk cup, she drank so much milk that night, i think she started to MOO... ha ha.. just kidding.
.JPG)
Oh, gosh I'm so sorry you've had an awful time with the sickness! I've always heard that if you know something isn't right and you aren't getting answers from one doctor, then go to another and another until you get an answer. Doctor's have to learn a LOT of things and they can't be experts at all of it. Even different specialists will make a different diagnosis! I say find a different specialist...it's important to like your doctor too otherwise you won't trust him/her.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are functioning a bit more! I hope it all clears up soon!