Christopher, Salina and their whole clan were this past week, they flew in to finalize Charlotte's adoption. She is officially a Derichsweiler!! They flew in on Tuesday night, and pretty much went straight to bed, they were all exhausted from the long delayed flight and needed all their rest.
Wednesday was the big day, they had to be at the court house by 8:30 for the hearing, and even though we were there on time, we still had to wait a good 20 min before they let us in. Fortunately we were in a contained area, which was PERFECT for three very active toddlers. They entertained each other and everyone else in the hall way.
Here's one of Charlotte, enjoying the view (it was construction, but maybe she likes bulldozers, and dirt)
.JPG)
Salina stealing a quiet moment of loves with her two babies.
.JPG)
Maile doing what she does best.. being busy.. and dancing the day away. She doesn't have any shoes on, we did bring them, but one got left in the car by mistake, and it was a hassle to go back through security and go retreive it, so she is shoeless.
.JPG)
Three toddlers from oldest (Maile) to youngest (Cooper), gives you a good idea of how tall Cooper is getting.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Getting to know each other...
Handsome Cooper, looking slightly concerned.
.JPG)
Future picture for a wedding montage??? Hmmmmm... Just kidding, but it's pretty cute..
The lady of the hour, dressed in polka dots, ready for the big announcement.
.JPG)
Finally in court and none of the kids wanted to sit still, after all that freedom in the hall way they just wanted more. Here's Cooper trying to escape his mother's grasp, I think he's trying to persuade Grandpa into coming and getting him, with his big puppy dog eyes.
Let the joyous news be spread, the finalization has at last been said. WHOO HOO!!!
.JPG)
They had a great judge, she was extremely pleasant and funny, She's tracing Charlotte's hand on the paperwork, it was too cute. They did Cooper's as well.
.JPG)
High five from the Judge.
.JPG)
LET'S PARTY!!! Ok, well let's wait four days, and then party!! They started by doing some much needed lounging, running around and visiting so many people is hard work!
.JPG)
Then played a few rounds of Peek a boo.
.JPG)
Cooper looking very proud of himself for standing up in the chair.
.JPG)
Charlotte looking glam with a pair of sunglasses.
.JPG)
Nicole and Hailey, enjoying the party!
.JPG)
Uncle Mikael spending some time with the kids, Charlotte really was attached to him. It was cute.
.JPG)
The two goof balls, looking.. well... goofy :)
They left early on Sunday morning, and I wish they could have stayed one more day. I hardly had any time with the kids, since I worked all week, and they usually had dinner plans with family and friends. But they are coming again soon, so I'll make up for it then :). It's always nice to see them, and it was especially awesome to get to share in their special day with them. I'm so happy everything work out and Charlotte is now theirs by law.
Maile LOVED having the kids around, they all kept each other so entertained, and busy it was great. She loves playing with other kids, especially ones that are so close in age.
So May is over already, this month has just flown by, we have been so busy with things every weekend, and even during the week! Weddings, and graduations, and adoptions. Birthdays and birthday planning, shopping and shopping, and more shopping. I'd like to say that I'm expecting June to be quieter, but I just flipped the calander and it's looking just like May and filling up fast! It'll be fun though, because our little girl is turning TWO!!!! WOW is all I have to say.
The b-day plans are coming together, I'm working on invitations today and hopefully will get them out Monday or Tuesday. Then we can work on decorations! :).
No comments:
Post a Comment