Tuesday, February 24, 2009

V-day Catch up and more

So it's only been a week since my last post.. how excited is everyone that I'm writing again?? I know I'm super excited. Tuesdays seem like the easiest day to sit down and organize and update. Mikael works nights and tonight is doing inventory overnight so he won't get home until very early in the morning.. poor boy. Anyway it's always easier to write when he's not around, don't get me wrong, i love having him around. I did marry him for goodness sake but that's just the thing, I just like to spend time together when he's home, not apart.

I'll pause for a second to let everyone throw up a little.. hee hee.. I know I know I know.
What can I say I love the guy!
So my point to that whole paragraph was that Tuesdays are pretty much a gurantee to get a post :).

So to backtrack just a little, I wanted to tell everyone about our super fun Valentine's day. Maile and I started the day pretty normal, we had a lot planned though to make Daddy feel loved when he got home so we had a good breakfast to keep us going..
WAFFLES.. YUM (heart shaped too)


After breakfast we had a little play time, and then we had a little crafting time. We made Daddy a very cute Valentine. She was super excited to get to play with crayons, markers, glitter paint, and a foam heart. We really do have to have craft time more often.
Then we were going to spend the rest of the day cleaning the house, and getting ready for Daddy to come home. We were going to get all dressed up, and have a fabulous dinner ready for him, and shower him with kisses.. but instead.... Daddy decided to surprise us and come home super early. He walked in the door at 10am.. ROCK ON! We were very excited to see him.
So the plans went out the window, and we decided to take Maile to the History Museum. We had such a good time, i think we mostly enjoyed ourselves because Maile was so into everything, she was so excited about the whole trip. She loved the "Rawrs" the best, which are dinosaurs to me and you.



But she also loved, the hands on Wildlife area, I think she enjoyed the Bears the best, but she really couldn't stop looking at everything, she kept looking at one display then something would catch her eye and she'd run over to something else. It was hilarious.


We really wanted to go to the discovery zone, but we didn't know they closed an hour earlier than the museum and we waited til the end to visit it. We should have went there first.. OH well I guess that's a reason to go back soon :). So we headed home, and on the way home Maile got a little crazy......


She's finally realizing what a camera is used for , and now she's a complete camera HAM!

So once we got home, we had a fantastic dinner, which i prepared, and set the table kind of fancy. Maile got a kick out of eating by candlelight it was cute. Then we enjoyed a little down time until bed. It was a fantastic day, I couldn't have asked for anything better.



No comments:

Post a Comment