Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life is slowing down

Life has been out of control the last couple months. I feel like we have been through a tornado and nothing is where I left it! We just moved the end of Jan. which has been the biggest reason for my lack of bloggin the last couple month. All of our spare time has been taken up with looking at houses, researching houses, packing, cleaning, unpacking... on top of regular life, and lets just throw Christmas in there to make things interesting. HA HA. NEVER buy a house and move around the holiday's.. it makes things four times harder, and not to mention colder.
Anyhoo, as you've also noticed we moved blogs as well. I was getting a little tired of the slow upload, and unfriendly interface with freewebs, and I know many many people on Blogger so we made the switch.. I haven't gotten everything up and figured out yet, but there's time yet.
So enjoy the switch and the changes it will go through. I'll upload pictures soon.. Maile has grown SO much it's crazy. She's going to be two in four months.. ACKK! Here is a quick update and a picture for everyone to enjoy.
Our vocabulary has gone from 5 words to so many I can't count and it keeps going up. She says new things everyday and even some sentences. Our favorite is "where did he/it go" She holds up her hands in the i don't know postion and raises her eyebrows and genuinely looks concerned. It's usually talking about Daddy but she does it with toys, and sock/shoes. It's quite cute.
We are practicing on becoming the next American Idol, she is a singing fool lately.. she sings about everything.. nothing is really understandable.. but the beat is pretty good, and she usually ends it with a word she knows such as Mommy or Daddy or katie...etc. I love the Mommy song it's my favorite. She'll even do request if you ask her.
She's getting two more teeth, her eye teeth on the bottom are coming in, they are slow movers too, the others came in so quickly these are just taking their time. Doesn't seem to bother her too much it seems, we have the occasional wake up in the middle of the night, or fussy day but otherwise it's not too bad.
We are entering into our terrible two's I think. She has become very stubborn, and has chosen to completely ignore everything Mikael or I say. Which usually leads to a butting of heads, and someone in time out.. usually Maile. Her tantrums use to be quick and short, and on to the next thing, and now they are a minute or more, with screaming, crying, falling to the floor, and end up in time out with more tears and everyone is unhappy. Luckily, after she's done with a time out she gets up, runs to give us a love, we explain why she was in time out, and life is good again. Until five minutes later when we starts it again. I think it's suppose to get worse before it gets better.. (deep sigh). Fortunately for her, she has us both wrapped around her little finger, and we can't help but think she is the cutest, smartest, most adorable kid that's ever been. It'll pass right :)

These are from our Valentine's day shoot... she had this ball of tape that she would not let go of so it is in every picture. However, she had a blast and it lead to some great out take pictures :).
She's so expressive.



























































So life is slowing down and getting back to normal again... FINALLY!
Thanks for your patience, and let me know what you think of the new blog :).

4 comments:

  1. I of course love the new blog!

    Some of the font colors are hard to read with the green behind it. You can change your font colors in Layout, Font and Colors.

    About the tantrums...I've heard they start throwing tantrums because they are asserting their independence. I've heard giving them a choice for everything instead of telling them what to do helps tremendously. So instead of saying put on your shoes, ask which pair of shoes she wants to wear. Ask if she wants to walk slow or walk fast to the car. Etc.

    I'm reading Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood to prepare for the next stage. There's a lot of great stuff in it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new blog!!

    Selina those seem like GREAT solutions and ideas, and it is logical and makes sense. This way she still feels independent like she's the one deciding. Aahhhh!!! My hat goes off to all you moms!

    I'll just be kickin it with my feet on my desk at work while I watch and learn from the rest of you...

    Do you think any of this applies to Beagles?

    Love,
    tarafina

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.

    The Valentine's photos are amazing! I meant to write that earlier. AMAZING!! The photography is marvelous. I love what you did with the white background and the lighting is perfect. Maile is only the icing on the cake for such a fine talent you possess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. **Blush Blush** You embaress me with your praise :). It was a really fun shoot actually. She's becoming quite the photo bug.. THANK GOODNESS!

    Thank you for you advice too Salina, I think I'll pick up that book too. We'll try it out and see if that helps things along. I hope it does!

    ReplyDelete