The countdown has begun.. well it actually started about a week and a half ago but I was busy then and didn't have a chance to write, so I'm writing now. My birthday is officially in 17 days, WHOO HOO, and I will be turning the big 3-0. Not a big deal in my book, I'm not into numbers I could careless if I was turning 30 or 45 makes no difference to me. Maybe I'll feel differently when I actually turn 45 but i doubt it.
I'm so super excited, usually I'm the planner of my own birthday. I love to get together with all my friends, and enjoy a good meal, talk and laugh and enjoy. I request the day off from work if it's a work day and just celebrate me. However, this year.. being a big milestone birthday my gorgeous very thoughtful, very surprising husband has planned a extra special event. He's throwing me a "prom" my very own. I didn't attend any of my prom's or homecomings in high school. So he thought it would be cute to recreate that special night. I LOVE IT!!.. I get to go dress shopping, and get all gussied up like a real girl :). We are going to dinner with all my friends at P.F. Changs, then dancing, and then to "after prom" where we can sit in the hot tub, or play Wii or pool, or watch a movie in the theater. It's going to be super kick ass fun, I can't wait. I think he has more secrets up his sleeve though, he's being awful secretive lately.. mmm whatever could it be. I LOVE SURPRISES!!
So begins the adventure of becoming a lady for the evening.. there's hair to day, nails to paint, eyebrows to tame, legs to shave, shoes to find, dress to buy, make-up to apply, plus tons of other things, that probably isn't appropriate to name here :). It's a very long, and exhausting process, but I think it will be all worth it. The hardest thing really is finding the damn dress.. I do hope I have some luck. It's not easy trying to cover this booty of mine. Tara and Nicole are taking me dress shopping next Sunday. I really have no idea where to go, I don't want to spend an outrageous amount, but i want to look super cute so with that comes some financial responsibility oh what to do what to do. Maybe I'll get lucky and find something awesome, that fits perfect and is on sale for 50% off.. yeah yeah!! A girl can dream can't she :).
Wish me luck!
9 months ago



I've had the best luck at Macy's. Their clearance rack is really fantastic and I usually find a perfect dress (after a lot of searching) for less than $60. Also check out Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft. Their clearance racks sometimes have great stuff too.
ReplyDeleteI soooo wish we could be there to celebrate with you. I'm really bummed out about it. Maybe we can do something special in April...