Sunday, November 6, 2011

MMMMM Potatoes



I'm always on the look out for new, easy, and most importantly yummy recipes. Not just because I like to cook, but also because I like to change things up, and try new things. Eating the same thing every week just gets a little old. So I try to rotate thru some tried and true recipes to keep things fresh. So to add a new recipe to the vault is great! Especially if it's super quick and delicious.

I get these weekly emails from Kraft, that have a variety of recipes to choose from, and I go to them alot if I need something quick. A great resources to have, and we all need good resources. The only thing I don't love about the recipes is that since it is a Kraft website, they use Kraft products, which depending on the products, are a little too processed for my liking, or just not necessary, but I just substitute for something I can use or leave out all together and we usually come out just fine. I think most of the recipes I've tried are pretty flexible, and you can definately change it up to soot more of what you like.

Last night we tried out the Slow Cooker Scallopped Potatoes, which turned out so yummy and easy. The hardest part was just slicing up the potatoes. After that it was home free.
I stilled used the cream of potato soup, I don't seem to have an issue with soups too much. But I did substititue the cheese for just your regular mild cheddar. Which came out just fine. There was a ton of leftovers too, great for our family, since we take our leftovers for lunches the next day, but if you don't you might want to half the recipe.


Here's the link, I highly recommend!! The picture is not mine, I took off the KraftKitchen website. I served with some baked chicken.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-scalloped-potatoes-128124.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment