Wednesday, November 17, 2010

P90X you have no power over me

For the past oh almost three months, Salina and I have been workout buddies, she comes over here on Tuesday nights, and I go over there on Thursday nights and we worked out for atleast 30 min. Then chat for an hr, lol. The exciting thing is that we have actually kept up with it, and we are both happy about this fact. We both have lost a few pounds, and are so excited that we don't huff and puff when going up stairs, and can do more then 10 pushups.. IN A ROW.. lol. Still girlie style though!

We started with 30 day shred, which is an excellent workout if I do say so myself.. don't get me wrong it kicks your ass, but it also doesn't make you feel like you can't do it any more. It's a 25 min workout with warm up and cool down, and the exercises are easy and straight forward, but effective! We both love this DVD and recommend it to everyone. So we've been doing this since the begining and it has three different levels of work out 1 being the easiest and 3 being the most challenging, and we took it step by step and progressed our way up. Well now we are at the point were they are getting a bit boring, although they are all still challenging in their own respects. We don't want to get unmotivated so we decided to try out some other videos and see what we thought We tried Carmen Electra's cardio work out, which was pretty good. Mikael and I use to do that before we had a baby, and it was a nice change of pace, but we thought a little too easy for us. We both didn't get our heartrates up or break much of a sweat. So we decided to kick it up a notch and try the P90X Cardio X which is a combination of a bunch of the dvds and all cardio stuff. We were suppose to try it Tuesday but Salina wasn't feeling well so we skipped last night but tonight, Mikael suggested we go try it out and I did, and I actually really enjoyed it. It kicked my butt, but not to horribly, and I LOVE that it incorporates yoga into it. I was slightly intimidated since there's all this hype about P90X, and having my really buff husband right next to me, but it wasn't too bad at all, and I felt like I could go at my own pace when I needed to. I kept up with them for the most part though and it felt pretty darn good. It's kind of scary how I kind of crave a work out now. SCARY!!! I just wish I had better results so far. :(. I'm sure it will keep slowly coming off but 5 lbs in three months sounds.. dismal :( Boo.

But lets not think about the bad, lets think about the fact that I'm still doing it and actually likeing it :) LOL. CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment