Saturday, November 13, 2010

MOMMY.......

Since Mikael and I always work opposite schedules we really are forced to take Maile with us for all our errands. And for the most part it's usually not to bad she has her typical 3yr old behavior but nothing out of the ordinary. She's gotten use to getting out and about, and she is always asking me.. Mommy where we going today.

Today we were on a mission to find some jeans for me.. and if your a woman, you know how frustrating this can be by itself. So add a 3yr old to the mix and OMG.. not something I wanna do everyday. We went to Target and Ross, and I probably tried on no less than 15 pairs of jeans. Everytime we went back into the fitting rooms, Maile would turn into a totally different little girl. No longer would she listen or sit quietly playing with her babies. NO.. she had to keep trying to open the door, so every one could watch the experiance of me finding the right pair of jeans.. NOT a pretty sight. lol. Or she had to lay on the floor and try to scoot under the stall to scare the person next to us, never appreciated by the way. Or she would stand in front of the mirror, and decide it would be a great idea to conduct a taste test on the glass... EWWWW!!! She also found it necessary to ask as many questions as possible as loudly as possible.

"MOMMY.. WHY ARE YOU GETTING NAKED"

Honey try and be quiet, and Mommy is not getting naked, she's just trying on some jeans.

"MOMMY..IS THAT YOUR PANTIES"

Yes honey, can you please try and be quiet.

"MOMMY..CAN I CHANGE INTO CLOTHES TOO"

Maile.. shhh please be quiet, we didn't get any clothes for you to try on this time.

"MOMMY, BUT I NEED TO CHANGE MY CLOTHES"

Next time we'll pick out something for you to try on

"BUT I NEED TO CHANGE MY CLOTHES NOW!"

(trying to ignore the tantrum I know is right around the corner) Mommy is almost done, then we'll go look at toys.. how does that sound.

"CAN I GET ONE?"

We'll see, if you can be quiet for the next ten minutes and play with your babies I'll think about it.

(successfully avoided the tantrum and bargained a deal for ten minutes of solitude... it only lasted 2 though..lol)


I did manage to find two pairs of jeans that I liked, but I think the next time I feel the need to buy some jeans. I'll wait until Mikael can watch her at home, and I can actually focus on the task by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment