Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween

Halloween was super busy this year, but so much fun!! Maile and I went to the Southlands Mall Trick or Treat Trail on Saturday afternoon, they do this every year, and the stores hand out candy to the kids. We go there early, and actually made it through pretty good. The end got a little crazy and lines became long, which is just ridiculous for a tootsie pop, but hey it's the fun of it I guess. Maile had a blast, and was SO independant this year, she actually went up by herself, and said Trick or Treat, loud enough for people to hear her. It was so exciting for me.

As you can see she was Horton the Elephant from Dr. Suess Horton hears a Who. She loved her costume and wore it the majority of the day.











This is her trick or treating at a store by herself, but i uploaded backwards, so you'll just have to look at them and then reverse your brain. Sorry :( HA HA.
Showing me her bag of goodies.. she made out like bandit.
Walking back to Mommy after she recieved her sucker
Maile saying Trick or Treat!
Enjoying the fruits of her labor at the end of the trail. She loves the suckers the best.


This is at home afterwards showing Daddy what she got since he was still working when we left. She was sitting on the table and dumped her entire bag out to take inventory. Crazy Candy smile is in effect :)
Of course I failed again on Halloween Night, I think I just space my camera out since I hate using flash, so it was dark when we started trick or treating and I didn't even think of it. We had friends come over with their two girls, one who is 3 like Maile and one is a little older 6 I think. Maile had a blast running with them house to house. She wasn't even scared of the decorated houses. I think it helps that we decorate pretty spooky. She actually told Mikael and I to stay at the bottom of the driveway. It was fun to watch what big difference from last year. We made a big loop of our neighborhood and went up to see Nicole and Jon some family friends who moved close to us this summer. Then we did another loop back down to our house. The girls were overloaded with candy, and as soon as we walked in the door the bags turned over and inventory commenced. It was hilarious.


This is the only picture I have of Maile's friends, but they were super cute, and they had a great time.


We also attended the Walpole Twins 1st Bday party on Halloween as well, those pictures will come tomorrow! It was so fun, and the boys looked fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment