Monday, January 11, 2010

New Years

So finally I'm at the end of my catch up from the holidays. I do apologize for the delay, just so much going on, and not enough time to finish everything. I wish I didn't have to sleep, then I'd have an extra 6-8hrs of time. However sleep is essential, and without it I'm not a happy mommy. So I'll have to just accept.


New Years, we haven't celebrated new years in about three years. We usually just stay at home, and pig out, watch a movie, and chill. This year we decided to heck with that, we are going out. We were invited up to Greeley for a party at the Creightons, some friends of the family. Nicole and Jon came up too, and Kendra flew in from AZ with her boyfriend as well, so it was a celebration for sure! It was so good to see everyone too. We took Maile along, and let her stay up way past her bedtime, which was insane. She just kept getting crazier and crazier, it was like she drank 10 cups of coffee, and then ate some pixie sticks. When she really had about two twizzlers and some fruit. Weird. But we finally wrangled her up around 10 and hid her in the guest bedroom all cozy and comfy with her blankie, and Monkey, and Santa she borrowed from Mary Lou. I think she had a lot of fun. I think the other guests enjoyed her too, except for the occasional shreik, or running into their legs, she charmed the socks off 'em. She cuddled up to Mary Lou quickly, I personally think it's because she's the exact same size as Nana. Mary Lou got a kick out if it, and she can't wait to get some of her own. We'll keep our fingers crossed it's going to happen this year ;).
Then Mikael and I were fairly free to chat, and enjoy the company. Then like everyone else we brought in the new year, with a countdown with dick clark, champagne and a kiss. It's going to be a good year !!

This is what Maile looked like the entire night.. eyes bugging out of her head, I just happend to catch her before she took off again.
Cuddling with Mary Lou. She was giving me the sleepy face, so that's the half closed eyes for ya.
Mikael and I, yes I have a had a couple glasses of wine, but Mikael is completely sober. What a good boy.

This is Dan.. the tallest one in back, and Mary Lou the shorty in the front. The hosters. Then there's Joe on the left, and his girlfriend on the right, who I can't remember her name. Joe use to be a neighbor way back in the day. Joe was completely toasted, if you can't tell.
The Creighton Girls.

Mary Lou and I


Brad and Kendra, and Nicole and Jon.
Mikael and I with Kendra.
Nicole, Me and Kendra. I had my big girl boots on.

The Midnight picture. Yes I'm wrapped up.. I was cold.. It was a fun night

No comments:

Post a Comment