We introduced the potty last xmas, it was one of her presents under the tree. I know that's silly, but whatever, she thought it was the coolest thing, a chair her size that you could put things in. Which is exactly what she did.
She would have good weeks, where she was all for it and excited about stickers and beans, but then the next week she would completely hate the thing, and become so annoyed when we would ask her if she wanted to try.
Then about two weeks ago we started the naked potty training. We would leave her naked, atleast from the waist down during our time at home, and bring the potty chair in to whatever room we were in. It was working on and off, she had a couple accidents on the floor, and she had a couple successes. It seemed to be working a little better, she wasn't getting annoyed when we'd ask her if she had to go, and she's actually take some time and go try. Maybe because it was easy access and she didn't have to deal with taking the time to undress. Because everyone knows you have to be completely naked to go potty. :).
Then today, we had no accidents on the floor, and 10 successful potty sessions! WHOO HOO! She was actually recognize when she had the urge and go sit down, even when it was just a little toot. (so cute by the way, i know only a mother would find that cute) I know we still have a long road ahead of us with training, but I feel like this a big step, and I hope it keeps going. I don't want another set back. I like to move forward, and it would be SO nice to be diaper free. I'll keep you all updated of course. Today I'm very proud!
Oh cute story, we went to the grocery store tonight, and on the way home i was craving me some sweet tea from Mcdonalds. I seriously love this stuff. But I try not to get it all the time, since it probably has about a half pound of sugar in it but anyway. We pulled up to the drive through, and she starts yelling from the back seat. "we like Sweet Tea, and some ice keem pwease!" HA HA HA. We didn't get the ice cream, since it was like 7pm already, but I thought it was the cutest thing. How quickly the catch on to the ways of the world.



No comments:
Post a Comment