Maile got to see her first fire truck up close! There was a little drama this morning at Nana and Grandpa's house. Their carbon monoxide detector went off, they immediately called the fire department, and they came rushing over. I guess their furnace conked out on them, and the gas was leaking. Scary! The firemen, got everything shut off though, and waited for the levels to go back down to normal. They never got to dangerous levels, so everyone is fine, but it was definately good that they had their detector working.
I wish I could have seen Maile's face when the fire truck rolled up, she loves to see them on the road, and always points them out. I guess the firemen, tired to give her a tour of the truck, but she got shy, and was clinging to Nana. She does that around new people. I'm sure if they would have stayed around for another 1/2 hr or so, they would have been best friends.
Fortunately for Nana and Grandpa, they have appliance insurance and they are getting their furnace (which was put in, in 1972 or something like that) for free. Unfortuantely they have to wait 48 hrs for the furnace to be ordered. Theirs is a little different, and is located in the attic, and lays on it's side, rather than a traditional upright in the basement. Even more unfortunately is the fact that we are getting a cold front coming in tomorrow and tomorrow night is suppose to be in the teens!! We are trying to convince them to come stay the day and night over here , atleast until the furnace gets installed, but they haven't agreed yet. Mikael took over our space heater though, and hopefully that will help tonight and in the morning. I hope the furnace gets here quick, it totally sucks to be without heat! I'm thinking warm thoughts for them!
Today is technically the last day of November and the last official day of bloggin, but since I had two FAILS, I'm going to do two extra days to make them up. I'm pretty proud I made it through another month. It started off pretty shaky, but I did it and I'm happy I did :).
9 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment