Saturday, November 14, 2009

Family Day

What a day! Since Mikael worked such crazy shifts last week, he had today off, WHOO HOO! It almost never happens. We didn't have too much planned but it was nice to kind of take it easy, and just enjoy each other.
We took my car in to get new tires this morning, and didn't get it back until 5pm tonight. Due to the fact that besides my tires being completely bald, I also needed new front access hubs (or something like that) plus an alignment. Oh and my power steering pump is going out. We fixed all but the last thing and $1200 later. My car feels exactly the same.. but I guess I'm safer on the road now, and less likely to blow a tire going 80 on the interstate.

We also did our normal grocery shopping, which normally Daddy doesn't get to participate. Which explains the extra Oreos that "accidently" got into the cart. It's weird going together, he has his way he does thing and I have mine. He lets Maile get the Car Cart.. which I loath. So I make her sit up in the normal cart by me. She begs me everytime we go, but I just can't bring myself to use it. We both let her get a free cookie of course, that's a given, and we would probably loose our minds if we didn't. She'd constantly be asking.. "I get a cookie?" through the whole store. He's a polite waiter of other people when they are in the middle of the aisle. I am a polite asker to please get out of my way. I don't have the patience or time to wait until they decide between Captain Crunch or Fruit Loops. They should be courtesous and move to the side anyway. He picks and chooses he aisles depending on what he needs. I have a pattern, and I pretty much hit every aisle just in case I forgot to write something down on the list.. which I usually do. In the end we both get things done, it's just cute to compare.

Then we came home to unload groceries, and put the Maile down for her nap. She ended up taking a 2 1/2 hr nap, and while waiting for her, I decided to catch up on some of my shows, and ended up falling asleep too. Don't you just love surprise naps :). Mikael installed the new printer, and surfed the net. Then we had a late lunch, and headed back out.
We did a little xmas shopping, some say it's too early, but I think the sooner you get it out of the way, the less you have to worry about it. Plus if you do a little each week, your bank account likes you much better. Then we headed back to the tire place to pick up my car. Then home for dinner.

We just put Miss Maile down for the night and Mikael and I are going to enjoy a movie and some wine. Sounds delightful!

1 comment:

  1. Chris and I have made an agreement to never grocery shop together again. We drive each other nuts. I'm more like you and Chris is more like Mikael (in fact Chris makes his shopping list in the order that he will shop!) and neither of us can stand it.

    We have no choice but to use the car cart since we have two, but it drives me bonkers. It keeps the kids busy, but it's awkward to push and maneuver and they inevitably stand up and fight with each other. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete