Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cookies and Caution

Well I'm back uploading with Blogger, until I can figure out the error on WLW. I've tried a couple suggestions from Salina, but none of them seem to fix the issue. I'm sure I'll figure it out it'll just take some time, which I don't have to give right now.
Today was a pretty fun day, we didn't have anything plan, which is unusual for us. We got our grocery shopping done yesterday which left our morning free for fun things. Maile decided this morning that she was going to get up extra early at 6am!! I tried to crawl in bed with her (one of the benefits of having a full size big girl bed) but she just used me as a play thing, and started laying all her stuffed animals on me. So we got up and went downstairs. The only good thing about getting up at 6am is that you can get a lot done in the morning. After breakfast, and some playing. We decided to make some delicious Reese Pieces cookies. YUM!. It's only 8:30 in this picture, and i know you are all thinking, isn't it a little early for batter covered beaters? But technically since breakfast was at 6:30 this would be a mid morning snack, and hey who can resist a batter covered beater. Maile enjoyed.


She's trying to go for the spatula in this one, I drew the line and said no more.. see I do have my limits :).
The house smelled wonderful!
Then we cleaned up some of the Halloween decorations. She had a blast taking down the caution tape. As you can see.






I was trying to tie her up in it, but she always manage to wriggle free of it. Toddlers are tricky. It was fun chasing it around though, she was giggling up a storm.

The rest of the day was spent playing with toys, taking a long nap of two hours which made mommy quite happy, I watch 2 episodes of Dexter, I'm almost through the 2nd season... whooooo. Then lunch, some outside play, then Daddy came home from work. I wanted to find some boots so we went to DSW and Target, but didn't come out with anything. I'm a very picky boot person. I have these enormous calves, which are pretty much impossible to fit into anything! So they have to be a short boot, and it's hard to find. I'll keep looking.
Then we came home , made Fajitas for dinner.. DELISH, and Maile went to bed.
I ran down to the hospitals and got to see the boys again!! They were awake this time, pretty little eyes, they were adorable and alert. They are eating great, and gaining weight, it's only a matter of time before we get them home.
Now I'm home, and ready for bed. I was going to try to watch the season finale of Dexter season 2 but I don't think i could keep my eyes open on more minute.
So I'll leave you with a cute saying from Maile.
Yesterday we were turning a corner, and I cut it a little short and caught the shoulder a bit and we bounced around. I said whoa that was bumpy and Maile replied quite matter of factly. "mommy you gotta watch out for rocks"
HA HA!








No comments:

Post a Comment