So this little blog will be in segments:
First we finally got around to taken Maile's 2yr pictures, and they turned out great, with some coaching from Daddy, and some begging and pleading.
A couple of weekends ago we went up to the mountains and enjoyed the aspens, they were in full glory... which is what we were hoping for. We went up 285 to Kenosha Pass, Wilderness of Wheels. It's this area where they have built ramps up the mountain for the handicapped, and built cabins, and decks, and trails for them as well. When Mikael was a boy scout he and his troup designed and built one of the decks up there. We go occasionally up to see it, this is the first time we went up in the fall. It was gorgeous, and the ramps made it SO easy for Maile to walk by herself, and feel free. She loved it. That next week, we had freezing temperatures, and snow in the mountains, putting an end to the aspen colors. I'm glad we went when we did.
.JPG)
This is on Mikael's deck, he's showing Maile where he and his dad signed their names. She kept saying "OH.. papa name", "OH daddy name". Then pointing over and over again... very cute.
Here she was just being so darn cute.
.jpg)
Skip forward a week, and we are now on our 4 year anniversary. WHOO HOO! Seems like yesterday, we were just dating. It's been an amazing 4 yrs of marriage, and almost 8 yrs together. It's just incredible what has happened over those years. I'm so happy to be married to such a great man, and father. Thank you Mikael for all these years, and I can't wait to see what happens in the years to come. I LOVE YOU!
We both took the day off from work, and spent the day as a family. We took Maile swimming at the rec center, I forgot to take the camera out while we were there, but snaped a quick picture before we left. Maile was cold at the time, so she is looking slightly purple, and not happy. We really did have a good time though :).
Then we exchanged gifts, we didn't want Maile to feel left out so we got her a little something to open too. A dress up set, complete with shoes, star wand, Tiara, and handbag. She was in little girl heaven :) HA HA HA. I think I have picture of both my neice and Mikael's niece in this exact pose wearing close to the same get up. CUTE!
.JPG)
Maile had a sleepover at Nana and Grandpa's house, and Hailey and Justin where there as well. They did crafts, and painting and made cookies. I'm sure she had a blast. Mikael and I had a night out on the town. We went to dinner at Earl's which is a restuarant downtown, and then we went to a movie. The Surragates with Bruce Willis.. and it was pretty good. We then walked around Oktoberfest and did a little dancing at the Cowboy Lounge. On the way back to the car, I couldn't walk in my heels any more my feet were killing me. So Mikael being my knight in shining armor, removed his tennis shoes and let me wear them, and walked sock footed through the 16th street mall. MY HERO! We stayed out WAY too late, but enjoyed ourselves throughly. It was weird being in the house though without Maile. I'm so use to her sound machine, and her noises that it sounded too quite when we were going to sleep. I have pictures but they aren't uploading quite right. I'll try again later.
This week, we've done some park outings, and enjoying the last of the nice weather. Winter is sneaking up on us too fast. She's really getting the hang of the twirly slide, and getting brave.
.JPG)
This is at a new park in our area, it has DINOSAURS!!! Maile was in love :).JPG)
We found some fossils too, how cool!
.JPG)
Maile had a sleepover at Nana and Grandpa's house, and Hailey and Justin where there as well. They did crafts, and painting and made cookies. I'm sure she had a blast. Mikael and I had a night out on the town. We went to dinner at Earl's which is a restuarant downtown, and then we went to a movie. The Surragates with Bruce Willis.. and it was pretty good. We then walked around Oktoberfest and did a little dancing at the Cowboy Lounge. On the way back to the car, I couldn't walk in my heels any more my feet were killing me. So Mikael being my knight in shining armor, removed his tennis shoes and let me wear them, and walked sock footed through the 16th street mall. MY HERO! We stayed out WAY too late, but enjoyed ourselves throughly. It was weird being in the house though without Maile. I'm so use to her sound machine, and her noises that it sounded too quite when we were going to sleep. I have pictures but they aren't uploading quite right. I'll try again later.
This week, we've done some park outings, and enjoying the last of the nice weather. Winter is sneaking up on us too fast. She's really getting the hang of the twirly slide, and getting brave.
Then Maile's turn
We've had tons of fun over the last couple weeks, I regret not bloggin quicker, i dont' remember all the little things that were said and done, that make these trip and outings so much fun.
This weekend, we are prepping for Nicole's baby shower, that is next weekend. Tara is coming over on Sunday to help with that. Saturday is errand day, and then I'm going over to Nicole's house to celebrate her birthday which was just yesterday. We are having a little game night. I LOVE game night :). Should be a good weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment