The other night I was giving Maile a bath, and while she was playing she started singing "here comes sun. do do do do" and being a big Beatles fan, especially one by the name of George Harrison. I recognized the song she was singing immediatley. How fantastic is it that my baby girl is singing a Beatles song. I have no idea where she got it, it's probably off a commercial or something, but regardless I'm a proud mommy.
This morning on the way to Nana and Grandpa's we were sharing a piece of banana bread and driving along when she starts singing "Weedawamp weedawamp weedawamp" Obviously the "in the jungle" song, and it just came out of no where, it wasn't on the radio or anything. I guess two year olds gets songs stuck in there head too.
I love these outburts of songs, especially when they take me by surprise and aren't her normal, "twinkle twinkle" or "5 little monkeys", she's started to sing along to songs on the radio as well, which reminds me daily that I have to edit better.
Tonight not five minutes ago, Mikael was reading her the Little Critters story "Just for You" and Maile would finish the sentence for him. She's never really done that before, it just amazed me. My mommy heart grew two more sizes tonight.. I didn't think it could.. but it did.
4 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment