Looks like we are back on a once a week bloggin' schedule, I'm trying for twice, but blindsaver has been kicking my butt the last couple months, and I haven't had much down time. It's extra money though, and we can always use that.
I'm looking forward to this week though because
one, I don't have to worry about any blindsaver this week..
and two, we are taking a spur of the moment road trip to see my parents and my sister and her son Conor. We haven't seen Conor since Maile was a wee fetus of 3mths. So needless to say he hasn't seen her yet :). Except in pictures of course, and via this cool thing here I call my blog :).
We weren't going to take a trip up there this summer since we are going twice next year, but it's just going to be too long before we see them again and it's been too long since we've seen Conor, so we thought what the heck and we're jumping in the car. We leave Wednesday morning, and come back Sunday night, it's actually longer than we usually go for, which is pretty neat. We are thinking about taking a short little trip up to the Mall of America too, but that's still up in the air, we'll decided once we get there :). Mikael's been there a while ago, but I have never been, and neither has my sister.
So along with preparing for this road trip, we are also busy with some household renovations again. We are planning on painting both Maile's bathroom and the powder bathroom in the family room. We've picked out paints, and I'm in the process of prepping Maile's bathroom tonight, for some major painting tomorrow. I hope it turns out, we picked something Maile loves (no it's not Elmo) and is super fun and bright colors. LOVE IT! I'll take before and after so everyone can see how it turns out! There's so much I want to do, but not enough time to get it all done. One step at a time i think, and it will happen. Slower than I want but hey we are a busy family and renovations are not on the top of our list ;).
So some Maile updates.. I haven't done this in awhile.. I've been so preoccupied with myself.. GAWD!!.. So besides being super cute as always, except during the time when she's throwing a fit, or exerting her Independence. She is also growing up.. sniff sniff.. we have been working on using a big girl cup, we found a super cute monkey cup in the dollar bins at Target (LOVE THEM) and she loves it, and is so proud when she can use it. Anyway so the other night we were sitting down to dinner, and I asked Mikael to get Maile some milk in her cup, and Maile say " Maile have Monkey Juice" it was the cutest thing, so now we fondly call the big girl cup Maile's Monkey Juice cup.
So besides naming things, she has also started to widen her vocabulary, now instead of a word then jibberish and another word she is filling in the jibberish with other words. Example. "Daddy dkfjlsdk trouble" now she says "Daddy got in trouble" WHOA!! Language.. it kills me. It just started happening this week, it's like her brain suddenly clicked and things started coming out. Simply amazing. She seems to be talking more now too, and I thought she talked a lot before HA HA HA!
We've also been working on potty training, we aren't pushing it at all, but we try to ask her when she gets up, before and after nap, and before bed if she needs to go potty. Usually she will try willingly, and usually be successful. But we go through phases, some weeks she super excited about it, and then some weeks, like this week, she has no interest in it at all. I know she's still young yet, but I can't wait for the diapers to be gone!
I know I had more to say, but I just can't think of it right now. This always happens to me... I go blank as soon as I sit down.. DARN IT!
Off to paint!
9 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment