Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Changes

I really can't believe this Saturday is the 4th of July, Mikael's family is going out of town for the weekend, so it'll just be us three this year. Which is fine, because this year we are letting Maile stay up (if she can make it) to watch her first fireworks. I started to explain to her what they are, we watch some on youtube, and we did a little arts and craft project from NoTimeForFlashCards where we made fireworks.
It was actually a really cute project, but it only lasted about 6 hrs and Maile decided she didn't like it and ripped it apart. I didn't even get a picture.. so sad. It'll be fun to see how she reacts to the real thing, and the big booms. I think she'll really love it!

We haven't figured out where we are going yet for the whole show, Green Valley Ranch (our old chiz niz) had AWESOME firewoks, but the music was never up our alley. Plus we've been there done that, and this year we are exploring something new. I'll keep you posted.

So some new changes at work, it's definately still a very unstable working environment. We had to do another rounds of layoffs, luckily I still have my place. We got rid of another 6 people, 3 of those being jewelers who are very very needed. I really can't understand how we can be busy and still have to lay people off. It' s just horrible. The other news is that we are moving, we can't afford our space anymore so part of us (Jess, Shelly, Ashley and I) are moving into the Cherry Creek store, and the rest of Corp has yet to figure out where they are moving. I guess they have til the end of July to figure it out. It's all really really sudden, and we are doing everything by the seat of our pants. It's crazy, chaotic, and very exhausting. And now we have to do our daily jobs, plus try to move in the next four days (Jess and I are moving next Tuesday) WTF! It's going to be a huge adjustment, which will take months to get under control. But by then, it's going to all change again.. will we be closing are doors.. they say no, but who really knows? I'm really thinking of jumping ship, but there's really no place to jump to so I think I better stay where I am for now. Wish me luck!

So I know I promised all of you video and I still have it, but Mikael broke the computer that has the video software on it, and he's working at getting it up and running again. I will upload something soon I promise.. so sorry for the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment