Friday, April 10, 2009

Lost Wages

So last weekend, I took a girls trip to VEGAS BABY! :). A whole weekend away with just some friends. Mikael took vacation time so he could stay home with Maile. It was so nice of him! I left Friday night around 8:30 and came home Sunday around 5. It was myself, Staci and Amanda (who i worked with at Shane Co) and Staci's sister Beth, who totally let us use her timeshare she has there. One of our other Shane Co friends Sarah was suppose to come too, but she made it to Denver and then had to turn around and go back home. She had a stand by ticket, and since Denver was predicting a blizzard at the time for Saturday, she didn't want to be stuck in Denver for a couple days, just incase she didn't get out on Friday night. BUMMER!!

We got to Vegas, and immediately started the festivities, we dropped off the luggage at the condo, and hit the strip, accompanied by a few cocktails. We visited, Ceasars, Bellagio, and I think Planet Hollywood, towards the end it did get a little fuzzy. We mainly just walked around and chatted that night.

This is us at the Bellagio Garden.. from left to right is Stranger.. we call her the stand in for Sarah, Amanda, Staci, Che(me) and Beth.

Saturday we slept in (Denver style not Vegas style) and got up around 10 and headed out. We hit the Mirage first and saw the Secret Garden, and Dolphins. They had two new baby dolphins, and a new cub. We probably spent a good couple hours hangin out there, the Dophins were super fiesty and kept leaping and playing. I think they were trying to teach the babies new things.
This is us in the Secret Garden.. i think it's a pretty picture too.. We look like Angels with our halos on :) HA HA HA.

The white tiger was hilarious.. I think it's name was Apollo.. anyway it was ripping up the sod from it's living area, and transfering it to the other side, where it would lay down, and chew it apart. Then would realize that it would pretty much taste like grass and dirt.. abandon it and start the whole process over agian. What was he trying to accomplish?? I'll never know.


After that we visited the Forum shops, Bellagio fountain, had some more to drink.. had lunch at a Cheeseburger place.. I can't remember the name except for Cheeseburger.. I had chicken tenders.. HA HA HA. Had some more cocktails, visited some more casinos. Rode the NY NY roller coaster where I was FORCED to sit in the front seat, and I realized that I like roller coasters but NOT the front. It's just way too much information for me. I like to see the people in front of me scream for their lives first before me. Visited the M&M factory, and just FYI the wall of M&M is gigantic, but the people were insane! FOLKS... FYI.. It's just M&M's.. you can pick them up on the corner at Walgreens for about 1/3 the price. HELLO!. Anyway, then some more walking and seeing.. and then had a frickin fantastic dinner at Samba which was at the Mirage again, it was a brazilian steakhouse.. YUM!! We spent a good hour and a half at dinner, which was a welcome stop for my feet... OUCH! Then we headed back out, and hit TI (treasure Island) and saw the show, which I don't remember being so scantily clad last time, and so singy.. it was like a britany spears concert. WHOA. I think it should have been rated PG-13. Needless to say I don't want to see it again. Then I think we headed downtown to see the Fremont Experiance but realized too late that it was past midnigth and the light show had already stopped so a pointless drive.. however we did get to see a kick ass spray painter, he would kick out a painting in about 15 min.. CRAZY!

Then we headed home, and dreamed in neon! The next day was a little bit more sight seeing, some lunch at Venetian, and then we headed to the airport. It was a great trip, I only wish I could have seen a show.. I say that everytime, and everytime I go with good intentions on going to a show, and everytime I get sticker shock on how much everything costs. If I did nothing else, and didn't eat or drink.. I could afford it. Next time.. we are going to a show!!!!
I'll upload the rest of the awesome Vegas pictures to the shutterfly site ;) Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment