4 days ago
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Playdough Fun
This Sunday we stayed home most of the day, and decided to make our own playdough. My Mom use to run a daycare for most of my childhood, and I have fond memories of her making playdough for all the kids. It last FOREVER, and you can make so many colors. It totally is quick and simple. I used a the basic recipe from here Homemade_Playdough and then instead of food coloring, I used a package of Kool Aid, it not only gives a pretty good color, but it makes it smell SO much better. You can add more or less Kool Aid for better color or add food coloring as well. We used Black Cherry.. YUM :). Also for a fun little fact, if you just want white playdough, use some mint extract to make it smell nice. It's safe to eat, but I wouldnt' recommend it, it's quite nasty. This was so much fun, and I hope this is one of Maile's fond memories from childhood.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So fun! I've thought about introducing Playdough, but with our latest string of eating the crafts I'm sure this wouldn't be any different. Looks like Maile gets it though!
ReplyDelete