On Saturday I decided to try a new one, that was a little closer to our house, after getting ready, piling in the car, and driving down there, it turn out to be a pumpkin festival, which is fun in it's own right. However, that was not the idea I had in mind, plus the frustration of trying to find a parking spot, and finagle our way through a crowd of people with a three yr old, was not my idea of fun.. So we turned around and went home. Telling ourselves that tomorrow we'd try again. Then tomorrow came, and showed up with rain. POO... I didn't feel like braving the elements, and getting all muddy, so we decided to postpone AGAIN. After some discussion we knew we couldn't get it down this next weekend either, and after that it gets extremely busy, and the chance for snow and frost get more likely, which we didn't want to chance. So we decided to go after work yesterday to the pumpkin patch we went to last year.
It's called Rock Creek Farms, and it's a great little pumpkin farm. Pick your own pumpkins, literaly right off the vine, which brings back fond memories of our pumpkin patch back in Greeley.. or I guess it was just outside of Greeley. Anyway totally what I wanted, plus they have a little area for kids, with bounce houses, haybale maze, and farm animals. Maile gets a kick out of all the animals. This year was the pigs. They had a TON of pumpkins to choose from, and so many good ones I could barely choose. Maile had a very specific one in mind ,and it took her quite awhile to find it. She knew she wanted a small one, and an orange one. So Daddy and I trailed around after her pointing out some smaller ones, and she'd come over and inspect them.. and they'd always come back with a nope... too big, or too heavy.. or too gucky. I didn't think we were ever going to find one, but in the end we did, and she was very happy with it, she even got to cut it off the vine, with a special pumpkin cutter. She then helped both Daddy and me pick out our pumpkins as well.. she wasn't quite a picky with ours :). Here are a few photos from the evening. SO CUTE!!
This was Maile running through the pumpkins, she was a little excited!
Trying one out.. nope too heavy!
But it makes a good footstool!!

Or maybe a chair

Oh no, this one got squished.. she was very concerned about it.

Pondering....

Taking a break and wondering if she'd ever find her one true pumpkin?
Maybe Daddy can help? I love this photo.. they look cute
Losing hope fast.. what a sad face.. reminds me a soap opera scene.








Wonderful!!! Thank you so much for sharing these, they are great! I'm glad you ended up going when you did, your photos all have Magic Light!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this post!
<3,
tarafina
Too cute.
ReplyDelete