Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Maile

Happy Birthday to my dear sweet baby! You're not really a baby anymore, you're turning into a little lady right before my eyes, and unimaginabley quick! Everyday you learn new things, and say new things, some of which I don't even know where you pick it up. I can't believe you're two already. I say that all the time, but it doesn't ever change, time is flying by and I hope that despite the speed our time together is making special memories and moments that both of us will cherish.

At this point in your life, you are quite a happy camper. You love to laugh and make people laugh. You have a variety of facial expressions which never cease to amaze me. Some days I think you would be perfect for broadway, you are so dramatic with your words, and expressions. I can only imagine what the next years will add to that.

You're an extremely social little girl for the most part, especially in the grocery store. You say hello to everyone, and will carry on a conversation for the better part of 5 minutes if we let you. However, when you are introduced in a personal way, you get a little shy, but warm up quickly and are back to your chatty, friendly self again.

You LOVE to be outside for any reason, and could spend hours at the park. Your favorite is the swings, but I think the slide is begining to pull ahead and become first on your list. You love to explore everything, sticks, bugs, weeds, chairs, trees, and flowers. You get so excited when you spot an airplane in the sky or see a bird flying by. You stop whatever you are doing, yell airplane, point, and then try to jump and reach it. Who knows if you keep trying, one day you just might reach them. We got you a playset for outside for your birthday this year, and you call it a park. I hope you have so much fun with it, and enjoy every minute of your "park".

Your vocabulary is expanding every minute of everyday. You say many, many, many, words, and quite a few sentences as well. You will usually fill in the words you don't know with jibberjabber which is pretty cleaver, you know something goes there you just don't know how to say it yet. You can sing pretty much every song we've every sung to you by heart (almost), which makes me laugh and giggle all the time. My favorite thing you sing is Little bunny foo foo, and the Chocolate Song.

Green is your favorite color, or atleast that's what you say when we ask you what color you want. It's never anything else.. always green. Babies, coloring, and babies are your activities of choice.. did I mention babies. :). You also enjoy Dinosaurs (rawrs), Elmo, and fishes (especially Nemo) "Fish are friends, not food". You are a great helper, and get so excited when you can get to cook with mommy, or help Daddy fix something.

There are so many things I could list about you, it would go on and on and on. Maile what a spectacular little girl you are. Never stop exploring, and learning, keep singing and laughing and never stop being you.

I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment