Friday, March 27, 2009

Fried Readers and Blizzard '09

I had some really cute pictures that I was going to upload for you all to see, however, I think I just fried our card reader. I don't know how but it is frickin HOT, and smells like burnt metal, and i can't get any card to read on it. I hope it didn't fry the cards too that would suck, there were some really cute pictures on there.
Anyhoo, so if you were tuned into the news yesterday you probably were either involved in the CO Blizzard of '09 or heard about it. It wasn't crazy where we were by all means...we've seen MUCH worse. We probably got about 10" total, but a lot of it melted on roads and sidewalks right away so they probably only accumulated about 4". It made for horrible driving conditions though. We got let out of work early around 1 and it took me 2 1/2 hours to drive home, it normally takes me about 40 min. I was a baby this morning and did not want to drive in and spend another 2 1/2 hrs on the road so I called in. I hope they didn't mind too much.. I just didn't want to do it again, it stresses me out, I get so anxious. So I had a day and a half SNOW DAY! I enjoyed every minute of it too, we had baby time, and baking time, and nappy time, and movie time. It was a very relaxing snow day. Can't wait til we have another :) HA HA.. probably won't be until next year.
So with this blizzard came really cold temperatures too, so we've been struggling with Maile and keeping her clothes on at night. Espcially since she's still recooperating from the cold she had last week. We put her to bed fully clothed, and by morning she has nothing on, and is very cold to the touch. So last night Daddy was brilliant and put her in a long sleeve onsie that snapped in back, and a pair of jammie bottoms and socks, the onsie did remain on and kept her torso warm, but the pants and socks did come off, and legs and toes were cold this morning. So tonight, borrowing from Daddy's brillance I kept with the long sleeve onsie and added TIGHTS!! Yep.. I think I've won this one. I guess we'll know for sure in the morning but I don't think she can get those tights off.. atleast for now :).

And speaking of colds, I have another sore throat.. it's officially been two weeks now since we first got sick, and all three of us have had it twice now. Just when I started to feel better, I wake up with a sore throat. YUCK! I'm so done with this... I have to go to the doctor this week anyway for my thyroid so hopefully she can give me some ideas of what to do from here. Besides the basics like cleaning and disinfecting, which doesn't seem to be working :(. So I'm off to make myself some hot tea, and read my book. My Dad gave me a great Clive Cussler book, I love reading about mysterious history phenomenons and he's a great fiction writer. I was reading Love in the Time of Cholera, but Gabriel Garcia Marquez is such a hard writer to get my head around. So I've put that on hold for now... I WILL finish it though.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the naked baby...luckily we have warm weather. I've heard that footless jammies that zip up work, just turn them around so the zipper is in the back.

    I used to love Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt novels...Dirk Pitt is my secret lover man in the fantasy book reading world! Ahhh...he's so dreamy!! I think I OD'd on those books though because I can't bring myself to read another one.

    ReplyDelete